Housing Authority Makes Over $205,000 in Trust Fund Awards - 7/20/2003
The Board of Commissioners for the South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority approved $205,671.37 in Trust Fund awards at its regular monthly meeting yesterday. These awards are for the acquisition, rehabilitation, and/or construction of 12 properties throughout Orangeburg, Spartanburg, Pickens, Williamsburg, Sumter, Richland, Oconee, and Marlboro counties.
The awards are as follows
· Edisto Habitat for Humanity, Inc. - $10,750.00 for the construction of a three-bedroom home located in Orangeburg to be occupied by a very-low-income family (below 50 percent of the county median income).
· Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg, Inc. - $10,000.00 for the construction of a three bedroom home in Una to house a lower income family (above 50 percent, but below 80 percent of the median income).
· Pickens County Habitat for Humanity - $11,500.00 for the construction of a three-bedroom house in Clemson to be occupied by a lower income family.
· Claflin College Community Development Corporation - $4,500 for the acquisition of a 3-bedroom home in Springfield for a very-low- income family.
· Community Assistance Provider, Inc. - $6,350.00 for the acquisition of a two-bedroom house located in Kingstree for a very-low-income disabled individual.
· City of Sumter Housing and Economic Development Corporation - $10,650.00 for the rehabilitation of a two-bedroom home in Sumter to be occupied by a lower-income elderly couple.
· Santee Lynches Affordable Housing and Community Development Corporation - $3,018.50 for the rehabilitation of a three-bedroom home and $3,943.25 for the rehabilitation of a two-bedroom home. Both are located in Columbia and will be occupied by very-low-income elderly individuals.
· Sumter County Community Development Corporation - $6,500.00 for the rehabilitation of a three-bedroom home in Sumter and $6,425.00 for the rehabilitation of a four-bedroom home in Columbia. Both will house very low-income elderly individuals.
· ARC-Oconee Association for Retarded Citizens - $68,275.00 for the acquisition of a four-bedroom house in Seneca lower income disabled individuals.
· Pee Dee Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Assault - $63,759.62 for the acquisition and rehabilitation of a six-bedroom shelter facility in Wallace for both lower- and very-low-income abuse victims.
Proceeds awarded by the Trust Fund cannot exceed approximately 50 percent of the total development cost of the project and can only be used to serve households that are at or below 80 percent of the county median income.
Persons interested in obtaining more information on the Housing Trust Fund may contact the Authority at (803) 734-1348 or visit the agency’s website: www.sha.state.sc.us. Hearing or speech impaired persons may use the TTY line (803) 734-2369.
The South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority is a self-supporting agency of state government and operates at no cost to the taxpayers of South Carolina.